This recipe is based on the Red’s Country-Style Ribs recipe, but with a light mustard kicker pushing big on that umami, back-of-cheeks tangy flavour profile you imagine angels kiss with. If you can’t find grits, polenta is basically the same thing.
1. Preheat barbecue to super-high (highest it can go!)
2. Preheat oven to 200°C/395°F
3. Lightly oil 1 tbsp rapeseed oil on the pork chops, then sprinkle and massage with Red’s Pulled Pork Barbecue Rub. Place on the hottest part of the grill for 2 minutes each side to get some serious colour and grill marks. You don’t want to cook them through at this stage; the actual cooking is done in the oven at the next stage. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to an oven proof sauce pan. Stir in onion and yellow pepper and cook until translucent for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Don’t forget to stir regularly. Add pineapple juice and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in both barbecue sauces. Place the pork chops into the pan with the sauce, turning several times to coat.
5. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the pork chops are cooked though for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat is 65°C/150°F. Serve the chops and mustard sauce over herbed couscous or grits and barbecued sprouting broccoli.