With a bit of patience, brining your chicken for a few hours and adding two hits of Red’s flavour layers will transform your grilled chicken into a dish worthy of salty, sweet, smoky and spicy reverence!
1. First, make your brine. Use a deep bowl or container large enough to hold the brine while submerging the chicken pieces. Add all of the brine ingredients to the bowl and stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
2. Place chicken pieces into the brine and submerge with a heavy plate. Allow brining for 4 hours in the fridge.
3. Preheat barbecue to on medium setting (200°C/395°F)
4. Once brined, discard the brining liquid and rinse the chicken pieces in fresh water. Pat dry with kitchen roll
5. Lightly oil the chicken pieces and massage the Red’s Chicken Rub over all the chicken, reserving a teaspoon of the rub
6. Transfer to the barbecue and cook for 15 minutes (turning regularly to avoid burning) over the medium heat or until the juices run clear once probed with a toothpick or the internal temperature of the meat near the bone hits 75°C/167°F
7. Once cooked, finish over the grill by brushing some Red’s Devil Wing sauce over the chicken for an extra spicy, sticky finish. If you prefer a less spicy finish, then Kansas City BBQ sauce is probably best
8. Sprinkle the remaining Red’s Chicken Rub Place the chicken pieces, place onto a platter between a sweet potato loaded spinach salad and baked potatoes loaded with butter, sour cream and chives.