These little morsels are either loved or hated, so as you have nothing to lose, we think they’re best served spicy, loaded with that sweet mustard BBQ flavour found mainly in South Carolina! Oh, and here’s a quick way of making them stand out….by making them shocking pink!
1. In a medium pot, mix apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp salt, and 700ml water. Add the beetroot and bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool slightly. Pour into a large heat-safe jar or bowl (including beetroot). Add whole eggs, stir, and refrigerate overnight for a darker shade of pink.
2. Remove eggs from liquid.
3. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, separating the yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites (well, pinks!) on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard BBQ sauce, coriander, anchovy paste, pinch salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Mix well.
4. Place the chilies, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, the remaining pinch each of sugar and salt in a bowl and let stand 15 minutes. Drain the chilies and set aside.
5. Now spoon or pipe the filling into the egg whites.
6. Then sprinkle the chillies over the deviled eggs with a light scattering of smoked paprika. Serve to your wanting guests!