As our 10-hour smoked Pit Beans are the most popular BBQ side on the menu at Red’s, we figured you’d like an easy-peasy home version using Red’s new sauces and rubs you could easily knock out for the family. Here goes.
1. Preheat oven to 135°C/275°F
2. In a large, ovenproof pot, cook the onion in the oil over a medium heat.
3. Once the onion becomes translucent, add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and mix well.
4. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes stirring regularly and then transfer to the oven and continue cooking uncovered for an further 1.5 hours, stirring every 10 minutes.
5. Serve alongside some smoked baby back ribs, covered in sour cream and crispy onions, as a topper to some hot dogs or simply on grilled, thick slices of white toast. If you are also unafraid of alcoholic sides, then add 100ml bourbon at stage 4 above to introduce a boozy note.