Tis Red’s third appearance this Friday, in the ring at the most excellent Friday Food Fight….
We’ve given you a taster from our holy smokers, now it’s time to go all regional BBQ style on your cake holes.
Without further ado, here for your praise and worship, is our Pitmaster’s Friday Food Fight Good Book.
- Alabama Chicken, a quarter smoked chicken, glazed with a creamy and tangy Alabama white BBQ sauce
- Kentucky Sliced Mutton, smoked for 12hrs and regularly brushed with a punchy vinegary mop, and served up with a Kentucky style BBQ sauce
- Texas Beef Brisket, smoked for 20hrs and rubbed with Red’s take on a Dalmatian rub, English mustard, brown sugar and then spritzed regularly with apple juice to enhance the circle of truth smoke ring and caramelised bark
- Kansas city Baby Back Ribs, smoked for 4hrs in Red’s signature rib rub and then glazed in our Unholy BBQ sauce, sweet, sticky and smoky with a hint of heat
- Hoagie: Fresh Artisan sub roll
- Slaw: The usual suspects, but with no mayo, instead dressed with a sweet and tangy yellow mustard and coriander dressing
- Baked mac n cheese: An American classic, topped with more cheese and bread crumb and grilled.
- Pit beans: Beans, Unholy BBQ sauce, herbs & spices and pulled meat, left in our holy smokers for 20hours to turn glorious
- Potato salad: Red’s version of a BBQ staple, with added bacon, celery and capsicum peppers