“An experienced barbecue cook, a skilled craftsman, who watches over the pit and can tell by sight, sound, smell, and touch, if it is running too hot or too cold, when it needs fuel, when to add wood, when to add rub, when to add sauce, and when the meat is ready.”
As a Pitmaster at Reds your job is to make sure every cut of meat that is served is to Red’s high standards every day. The role is specialised and skilled, physically demanding and requires excellent levels of attention. You will be responsible for the day to day preparing and smoking of all our meats, ordering and managing stock levels, maintaining the fires in the smokers throughout service, tending to the meat over several hours, delivering awesome quality barbecue food with patience and passion.
What we are looking for
As a Pitmaster at Reds we are looking for you to:
- Ideally have experience in a professional kitchen preparing high volumes served at a fast pace
- Understand that barbecue is an art that requires a constant and patient watch as well as keen intuition
- Enjoy working early mornings – ‘low and slow’ means an early start to prepare the meat for service!
- Be enthusiastic in delivering outstanding food quality to your guests
- Be approachable, fun-loving, bringing your own personality to the role
Being a meat lover is kind of a must for this role, as we are passionate about True Barbecue and need you to have the same passion too, preaching our gospel and becoming a True Believer!
YOUR TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
As a Pitmaster you will undertake induction training in one of our existing sites, to give you an in-depth understanding of what makes True Barbecue, how we do things round here, and all the business processes essential to getting on and running your pit each day.